Temporary residence card service

What is temporary residence card in Vietnam?

The temporary residence card is a proof certificate of immigration of a foreigner to legally entering, living in Vietnam, it acts as a long-term business visa and replaces the business visa.

Foreigners who wish to stay and work in Vietnam for longer than 12 months without applying or renewing every 3 month visa, should apply for a Temporary Residence Card. They also need to register their address, as well as their purpose and duration of residency with the local police department. Obtaining the temporary residence card will help expat, to gain benefit of a temporary residence in Vietnam, in compare to non-residence, such as

  • Enjoying Personal income tax (PIT) as a residence,
  • Treated Vietnam social insurance,
  • Enter to Vietnam without business visa every 03 months

Who is eligible for obtaining Temporary residence card?

The Temporary Residence Card lasts for between one and three years. Foreigners can apply for the Temporary Residence Card if they fulfil any of the following criteria:

  • Member of a limited liability company with two members or more
  • Owner of a one-member limited liability company
  • Member of the Board of Directors of a Vietnamese joint-stock company
  • Foreign lawyer who has been licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam
  • Foreigner (with a related work permit) working in a Vietnamese enterprise or a representative office of a foreign company
  • Professional, student, or trainee working or studying in a national programme or project approved by the government
  • Family member of a residence permit holder (spouse, parents, or children under 18)
  • Family member of a Vietnamese citizen (spouse, parents, or children under 18)

For further requirements regarding temporary residence card in Vietnam, please let GBEE Consulting help you.

Please contact us to get consultant and quotation, timeframe and procedure for obtaining temporary residence card for foreign owner, manager, labor in Vietnam!

Or simplify leave a message (with your email and phone number) on this right corner chat box! We stand for 24/7.